Treats – Because sometimes you just need something yummy:
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE* Vegan style
- Flesh of one avocado
- 1 Tblsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw Cacao powder
- 1/2 large banana
- 2 Tblsp water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tblsp strong brewed decaf coffee
- sea salt totaste
- 1 pint raspberries (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender on medium speed till smooth and creamy, 1-2 minutes. If mousse is too thick thin with extra coffee or water.
- Serve immediately. Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
*Adapted from The Blood Sugar Solution Cookbook
BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE* No Bake Vegan Style
- 1 cup pecans or almonds
- 1 cup coconut, shredded
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup dates
- 2 Tblsp. coconut oil
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 3 Tblsp lemon juice
- 1 Tblsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup blueberries, plus for garnish
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tblsp honey
- Prepare crust lining an 8 inch springform pan with parchment paper
- Process nuts into a flour in a food processor using an “S” blade. Add coconut and salt then process again. Set aside.
- Process dates and oil into a paste, then add nut mixture and coconut oil to date paste processing to form a crumbly sticky dough.
- Press dough into even layer on springform pan.
- Place crust in fridge to set for 30 minutes or longer.
- Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender till smooth.
- Pour filling over prepared crust. Transfer to fridge to set 4 hours or longer.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender till smooth. Pour over cake before serving. ENJOY!
*Adapted from Paleo Sweets.
FLOURLESS BLUEBERRY SPONGE CAKE
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- ½ coconut oil or olive oil or 4 oz. butter
- 3-5 Tblsp. granulated stevia or sweetener of choice
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup frozen berries
- Mix melted coconut oil, butter (or olive oil), coconut flour, stevia, vanilla and baking powder till smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing in between each addition.
- Pour into a baking dish or round cake pan.
- Press frozen berries evenly into the sponge.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes, till center is cooked through. Serve with yogurt and berries.
This recipe is Gluten Free, Soy Free, Sugar Free and Dairy Free. It’s one of my go to favorites for celebrating life’s milestones. Here’s to another year!